Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Art of Domesticating Me..Batangueño Style

My mom thought I was turning out to be the Sagittarian that I am...a free spirited type who was crazy about the outdoors..who wanted to board a ship in spite of looming storm in the name of a conference I had organized...so she thought I was beginning too bellingerent for her own comfort...she reminded me that a "good woman" was not only smart, nice, and funny but she had to be "domesticated" as well..As if she forgot how she made me clean the entire backyard of my father's ancestral home. Made me pull the wild weeds with my bare hands and made me clean the cars, etc...well I suppose she has blocked that from her memory...coz she banished me to Batangas in the guise of an R&R...though she clearly whispered..time to let do the "House Chores". Hah! I knew it...Well she did say I'm smart...and so I have decided to bring along a friend who had the "hots" for my best friend whose house we were meant to stay at Batangas. Even though I may mom and I are at loggerheads from time to time I kind of miss her crazy antics...so when I was in the middle of the highway and my bestfriend and my classmate were making "goo goo" eyes at each other...Yuck! I told them...HEY!!! I WANT TO GO BACK!! NOWWWW!!!! And I stood up and I couldn't care less if I had to walk a mile....my best friend seeing my steely gaze told me...Oh grow up!! There's a cell site there...Stop being a child!! Of course..that was enough to make me turn on to him my anger...Me? A child??? Did you just say I am being such a child???? My bestfriend gulped for dear life...and as he mustered enought guts managed to squeak out...its a vacay bestfriend...chillll!!!!" I stomped and went back to my seat and said Chill my ass you two!!!!! So as I begrudgingly watched the scenic views pass me by one after the other...I realized the house chores that lie ahead...and as I glanced at the two human lovebirds wannabes an idea hit me as if a lightbulb was turned on!!! So as we reached our destination..I waited for our room assignments and plopped onto the bed assisgned to me...I slept like a baby...and woke up to see the face of my classmate watching as I sleep!!!! "What the...expletive expletive..are you doing????!!!!!!!!!!!" I almost jumped out of my bed! She goes I was just watching you sleep!! The hell I need watching! I am sleeping not comatose!!!! So I snarled and gnarled...and went downstairs and wolfed down the breakfast...then she slowly crept up to me as I started to the "household chores"....she said...let me do that...let me do this..and then it occured to me this friend of mine wanted to impress the mom!!!" I chuckled to myself and muttered and pretented dismay..But my mom said........and she goes just tell her you did it...hahahahahahhah..well, well, well...in the name of love...she would huff and puff like a good old wolf..doing all my chores...as for yours truly..I had a blast...it was fiesta season back then so I hopped from one house to another and had my fill of all the goodies laid out before me...there was even a blackout...Ahh...but food is food...Even a flicker of a candle proved to be my best ally as I continued to eat...much to my bestfriend's embarassment...but what did I care...I was full..My palate was satisfied to the brim...and for someone who was sent out to the province as if my mom was sending a cow to pasture...I am blissfully content!! HAHAHAHAHA!! LIfe is sweet after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment