Monday, March 30, 2009

Matters of the Heart - Medical Transcriptionist Style

It was a typical saturday night..Everybody got in touch with each other for a few round of drinks and to have our usual talk about our respective lives. So as we got settled in our favorite table..we all wondered whaever happened to one of our drinking buddies. Out of the blue..he came into the bar..cheeks all red and eyes glaring...this look was coming from the guy who texted us early this week as in wednesday to remind us we would have our drinks this saturday..so what gives right??? Apparently he had an argument with ANOTHER guy because of his GIRLFRIEND..who used to be married and who got separated and now has a second man in her life who is an absolute weirdo!! As for our friend he is also walking the thin line between sanity and absolute craziness...Falling for someone EASILY and not even knowing half of what is really going on in her life is a recipe for disaster. To make matters worse, the girl decides to stay out of it. Our friend ended up getting chewed alive by the other guy and by the parents..who probably didn't know he EXISTED. Tough!! I never though that guy would be like some love sick puppy..but HE IS!!! He even asked us to stop by at the nearest convenience store when we were supposed to bring him home. He even bought a couple of beers. He even told us HE WAS GOING TO HAVE A GOOD CRY.. For the love of life! I had to slap my forehead!! This guy is absolutely BLINDED with a capital B! By what? I do not have the faintest idea.

Come next morning, he wanted to leave Metro Manila to leave everything behind..Naturally I engaged in an endless debacle as to why he shouldn't go and why he should stay. I've always known to have an acerbic tongue..so as much as I could I think carefully first of the words I am saying to my friends...the poor guy wanted to CRY again!! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!! I cannot believe it!! I would understand if she was MS. UNIVERSE. or if they love struck teen-agers...Bloody hell no!! They're in their mid thirties and ugh! Its just terrible..Creepy to some extent...but what I can say...in as much as I'm not a big fan of the "L' word...he is in LOVE. And I must say people do get crazy when they're in love. As if it generates a chemical reaction that absolutely disrupts the normalcy in one's life. Now one will probably wonder...was he hiding under a rock to have come up most recently to get enmeshed into some kind of domestic squabble? I don't know...he just get on going to this medical transcription classes and before we knew it...he was seeing things in rose colored glasses. Yup, the kid who used to be ballistic at the slightest provocation has become goofy and smitten!! Ick!!

Finally during the latter part of the day, he has decided to stay. GOOD DECISION!! I mean, if the relationship can't work, then by all means cry your heart out if you must..ONLY if you must. If not, hey...nothing beats good old choco mint icecream with choco bits and lots of smooth crushed ice!! TOTALLY DIVIIINEEEEE!!!!!! Beats any first date by a mile!!! But then again, maybe that's just me...I've always liked ice cream! Can't say the same thing for the opposite sex.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Off to the ice cream parlor I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment